- Quick Features
- Photos: Up to 12MP, 30fps burst, time lapse mode, raw file option, Wide Dynamic Range mode
- Videos: Up to 30fps in UHD 4K, up to 80fps in 1440p, up to 120fps in 1080p
- Waterproof to 33′
- Simple one-button control
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Advanced wind-noise reduction using 3 microphones
- Voice control
- Digital video stabilization
- Rear touchscreen display
- Automatic upload to the cloud
- Built-in GPS
- Video Recording Modes
- Select the desired resolution to fit your project. Record in UHD 4K resolution up to 30fps or switch to lower resolutions such as 1080p and 720p for access to higher frame rates, more FOV (Field Of View) options, and electronic stabilization. In 2.7K widescreen and lower resolutions, for instance, narrower FOV options open up, including Medium, Narrow, and the new Linear mode (only available in 2.7K and 1080p settings), which corrects the lens’s barrel distortion.All video recording modes can be as simple or advanced as you want them to be. If you only want to ensure that a shot is captured, auto-exposure is at your disposal. For those who are shooting less off-the-cuff footage and want complete control, manual control of exposure is also available.
Audio for video is recorded using three microphones. In normal conditions, the HERO5 Black will process the audio for a stereo signal. If high winds start affecting the audio, the HERO5 Black can intuit which microphone is picking up the best sound and automatically switch to that microphone in real-time and filter out any excess wind noise. While the audio will only be in mono, you will know that you’re getting the highest possible audio quality.
- Photo Modes
- Raw File Option: In addition to standard JPEG capture, the HERO5 Black can also capture raw images in the .GPR format. Raw images offer enthusiasts or professional photographers more flexibility after the photo is taken. Raw images can be processed after-the-fact for higher quality output.WDR Mode: Bridging the gap between JPEG capture and raw, the WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) mode is also available. If the scene has dark shadows and bright highlights, WDR mode will retain better detail in those areas.
Burst Mode: Bursts of photos can be taken during high-action sequences to ensure that you capture the moment. The camera’s buffer can fit up to 30 photos from a single burst, and burst durations can be set from six seconds to one second, effectively offering a 30fps burst of 12MP photos.
Time Lapse Mode: Record clouds floating by, traffic snaking through cityscapes, or stars and constellations tracing their way across the sky with the time lapse mode. Set your interval from a picture every 1/2 second to every minute for different effects.
- GoPro Apps
- GoPro apps Capture and Quik allow you to access and edit your GoPro footage with simple to use yet powerful functions. There’s also GoPro Plus, which lets you access your GoPro content on the cloud.
GoPro Capture (iOS/Android)
Use your iOS or Android device to live-preview and play back shots, control your GoPro, and share on the fly.
– Live preview makes it easy to frame the perfect shot
– Get full remote control of all camera functions
– Share photos and videos to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and more
GoPro Quik (iOS/Android)
Edit videos with just a few taps.
– Analyze your photos and video clips to find great moments
– Adds transitions and effects, and sync everything to the beat of the music
– Customize your story with text, filters, music, and more
GoPro Quik | Desktop (Mac/Windows)
Import and edit your videos with just a few clicks.
– Transform your footage into edited videos synced to music
– Automatically import your photos and videos and share your best shots
– Comes bundled with GoPro Studio for more advanced editing
GoPro Plus (Cloud-Subscription)
Access your GoPro footage wherever you are, and create and share your story.
– Auto upload to the cloud
– Access your footage in the cloud, then use Quik to edit on your phone or computer
– Enjoy your photos and videos from your phone or TV using the optional AirPlay and Apple TV
– Unlock an expanded library of soundtracks for your footage